Kohler has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site (http://www.kohler.com). Please note that when you access any external links from kohler.com (including any Kohler subsidiary sites), they may have different privacy policies specific to those sites. We encourage you to read all applicable privacy policies.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER FROM THOSE WHO VISIT OUR SITE?
When you visit our Web site, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, and information that we automatically collect as you browse our Web site.
Information You Voluntarily Submit. We collect and store any information you enter on our Web site, or provide to us in offline contacts we have with you. Information is collected from visitors to the Web site in the following areas:
Information Collected and Stored Automatically. When you browse our Web site, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We do log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), the Web pages you visit and the time of your visit, and other click-stream data. This information may be combined with other personal information you have provided. The only other type of information automatically provided to us is the type of computer, operating system and browser you are using. This information is provided by your browser, which we use to improve the performance of our site.
- REGISTRATION FORMS - If you register for the Web site, or for specific events, contests and newsletters on various areas of the Web site, we will generally ask you to provide contact information, and preferences regarding the event or material for which you desire to register. You may, however, visit our Web site without registering.
- ORDER FORMS - Some areas of the Web site may allow you to order products or services, whether or not for a fee. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction and that is furnished by you. This may include contact information, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number and your credit card number. We may also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase.
- SURVEYS - At times, you may be asked to complete survey questions that appear on the Web site.
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS - You may submit information related to job opportunities with Kohler Co. Please note that you submission of pre-employment information may be further governed by specific provisions that appear on the Job Opportunities section of our Web site.
- DISCUSSION FORUMS - We may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to our users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- E-MAIL - On several screens of our site, you also have an opportunity to communicate with us by E-mail. You may also choose to provide your e-mail address to receive communications from us or third parties.
We may also place small data files, called "cookies," in the browser file of your computer's hard drive. These cookies automatically identify your browser to our server whenever you interact with the Web site. We use the cookies to record Web site statistics. Most browsers automatically accept the cookies, but you usually can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Certain Web pages may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to communicate with you if and when necessary in connection with your use of our Web site, to respond to your questions, or to send you material and information you request. We may use your information to:
- Personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product information in which you are most interested.
- Consider your suggestions
- Possibly respond directly to you for clarification
- Process your request for materials if you make one
- Try to and answer your questions if you ask them
- Register you for an event, contest or sweepstakes, if you request it
- Provide you with e-mail messages and other information regarding upcoming events, new services and general information about our products and services. (NOTE: You may elect not to receive these communications, either when you initially register at our site, or at any time thereafter. See the section of this Privacy Statement called "Choice/Opt Out.")
We may also use your Web site information in order to help diagnose problems with our site. We may use all information we collect to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data (basically, where our visitors come from and what demographic characteristics they have) and to improve our site to better serve our customers. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information. We may also prepare and keep statistical records and other data about you and other users of our site, but we do that in a way that does not identify you or any other user personally. We may hire third parties to help us collect and analyze such data, and we may share such statistical data with third parties. Again, such statistical data will not specifically identify you or any other user. We use this information to help us make our Web site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our Web site, what part of the Web site they are interested in, how long the use the Web site, and the types of technology our visitors use.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Except in the limited circumstances stated in this paragraph, we do not sell, rent, license, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information of our Web site visitors to unaffiliated third parties. We may disclose your information to service providers who assist us in operating the Web site or conducting our business. We may also share such information among our subsidiaries and affiliates as necessary to provide you with the information and services you request or in which you may otherwise be interested. We may disclose information about you if and when we believe it is necessary to comply with any law, rule, court order, or subpoena, or to enforce our legal rights or the rules of this Web site, or to protect our business, property and operations, or in connection with a sale, acquisition, merger or other business combination of our business with a third party. We may also disclose nonpersonally identifiable visitor information to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Some areas of the Web site may allow you to conduct e-commerce transactions (event registration, donation, etc.). In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction that is furnished by you. This information may be furnished to a third party in order to facilitate the transaction.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Since we are committed to your privacy and security, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to attempt to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. When you place an order or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once we receive your transmission, we use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. You have the following options for reviewing or removing your information from our database to no longer receive communication from us. If you request your account information be deleted from our database, we may maintain information about individual sales transactions for recordkeeping and servicing.
- You can send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
444 Highland Drive
Kohler, WI 53044
Please note that due to e-mail production schedules, you may receive an e-mail message from us after you have provided your opt-out notice.