New Kohler Ultraglide Valve Platform Offers Installation and Performance Advances
KOHLER, Wis. – Jan. 12, 2011 – The new KOHLER UltraGlide valve platform significantly improves the performance of widespread faucets for bathroom and kitchen. Installers will love the simple three-step installation, while homeowners will benefit from the ease of use as well as durability.
Dry Stem Technology
The new UltraGlide valve features Dry Stem Technology, a concept that redefines how water flows through the valve and makes leaks a thing of the past. The re-engineered water path moves water in and out of the bottom of the valve but never lets it near the valve stem. This eliminates the most common leak that occurs with standard valves and prevents the valve’s components from experiencing water wear or mineral buildup.
Engineered Ceramic Disc Valves
Always focused on manufacturing quality products, Kohler has been using industry-leading ceramic disc valves for many years. But the new ceramic discs used in the UltraGlide valve platform are vastly superior to even the discs that are used in Kohler’s current valving platform, and ensure precise movement and smooth motion.
Large Temperature and Flow Adjustment Window
A 25-degree turn of the handle is a normal range of movement to adjust water flow and temperature in a faucet. UltraGlide valves almost double the size of this adjustment window allowing for significantly greater flow and temperature control.
Quick-Install Mounting System
The UltraGlide valve features a new simple three-step mounting system:
- Position the handles on the sink
- Thread mounting ring over the valve body
- Secure the two mounting screws to ensure handle alignment
- The extremely durable UltraGlide Valve withstands over 4 million on/off cycles - which equates to eight times the industry standard - and will last a lifetime.
- To obtain high-resolution photography of these products, please visit the Photo Library in the KOHLER.com Press Room www.kohler.com/press
- For interviews on the UltraGlide valve platform, please contact Mirjam Lippuner to set up an interview with Sara Maduscha, senior product manager Kohler Faucets.
Kohler Faucets is a global organization and part of the Kohler Co. Kitchen & Bath Group. With plants in North America, China, Egypt, the United Kingdom and France, it is a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bath faucets, showering products and decorative accessories – marketed globally under the brand names KOHLER, Mira, Jacob Delafon and Rada.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.