Manual Flushometer Has the Superior Performance Necessary to Thrive in the Commercial Marketplace
KOHLER, Wis. – April 26, 2011 – The new Manual Flushometer from Kohler combines with the company’s reliable bowl performance to create a complete product that is environmentally sound, highly efficient, and the ideal solution for any commercial setting. Rather than the diaphragm valves used in the majority of competitor models, Kohler makes use of piston valves in its flushometers because of their top-quality performance and longevity.
- The advanced piston technology ensures a consistent, water-saving flush every time, no matter what the level of water pressure may be.
- Piston valves make minimal use of rubber, whereas diaphragm valves are largely made up of dynamic rubber components. Especially when exposed to chloramines in the water, these components can grow stiff and brittle causing the valve to fail over time. Kohler even takes it a step further and enhances the reliability of its piston valves by requiring that the few rubber components that make contact with water be truly chloramine-resistant.
- These new Manual Flushometers work consistently and reliably in all water conditions, including grey water and reclaimed water, making them best choice for environmentally friendlygray water applications.
- A vandal-resistant cap and control stop were developed to be thoroughly tamper-proof so that their use in public spaces remains unhampered at all times.
- KOHLER Manual Flushometers are designed for superior quality and cycle-tested to 500,000 flushes, which twice exceeds industry standards.
- To obtain high-resolution photography of this product, please visit the Photo Library in the KOHLER.com Press Room.
- For interviews on the Manual Flushometer, please contact Mirjam Lippuner to set up an interview with Michael Wandschneider, product manager Kohler commercial faucets.
Kohler Faucets is a global organization and part of the Kohler Co. Kitchen & Bath Group. With plants in North America, China, Egypt, the United Kingdom and France, it is a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bath faucets, showering products and decorative accessories – marketed globally under the brand names KOHLER, Mira, Jacob Delafon and Rada.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host at its award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.