Kohler Debuts Budget-Friendly DTV Prompt Digital Shower System
KOHLER, Wis. – April 26, 2011 – To meet consumers’ growing interest and demand for a customized shower experience, Kohler introduces the DTV Prompt Shower System. Easy installation, sleek design, and multiple energy and water conservation settings—all at a competitive price—make this an alluring option for both new construction and remodel applications.
User-Friendly Digital Interface
With simplicity at the forefront of its design, the DTV Prompt Shower System’s state-of-the-art technology creates an intuitive user experience featuring a large LCD screen with universal markings and backlit raised touch buttons that allow easy, precise temperature control and water use.
The shower temperature can be easily set to the user’s ideal temperature (default temperature is 100 ºF) and then this will be repeated every time you switch the shower on. You can even set the maximum temperature limit, making it an ideal solution for children to shower unattended.
If required you can simply add a second interface for further comfort and convenience.
DTV Prompt has two outlets with an integrated diverter valve making it a flexible solution for a broad range of showering, bath and shower or bath only applications.
- One outlet application (maximum flow rate of 8 gallons per minute): Bath filler only, showerhead only, handshower only, etc.
- Two outlet application (maximum combined flow rate of 13 gallons per minute): Bath and shower, showerhead or handshower, bath filler or deck-mount handshower, etc.
The one touch operation diverter is integrated into the interface and can be simply configured to allow the user to switch between either outlet or run both together.
DTV Prompt’s conservation settings are about convenience as much as eliminating water and energy waste. Each feature can be activated or deactivated to suit the user’s personal requirements.
- The Warm up & Pause setting brings the water to the desired temperature and then pauses flow until the user is ready to begin showering.
- The Pause setting temporarily halts water flow during tasks such as shaving or hair washing.
- Countdown Timer, a user-configurable setting, lets the user set the optimal shower time, from 4 to 12 minutes; audible feedback at 2 minutes and 1 minute remaining to notify the bather of the approaching time limit with a beep.
Sleek Design Available in Four Finishes
The DTV Prompt Digital Shower System’s aesthetic appeal reflects its tech-savvy nature: Compact, yet easy to read; stylish, yet unobtrusive. With water at the touch of a button, the need for valve handles is eliminated, resulting in clean design. Four finish options in Chrome, Nickel, Black, and White allow coordination with surrounding faucets and trims.
Ease of Installation
DTV Prompt has also been designed for ease of installation with the contractor and home owner in mind and is suitable for both remodels and new construction:
- The valve has been designed to fit within a standard 2”x4” wall cavity but can also be installed remotely, minimizing disruption in an existing bathroom.
- The valve is prewired with a fly lead and plug, requiring just a standard GFCI 120v AC socket.
- Connection between the valve and interface is made with a standard RJ-11 telephone cord. A 20-foot cord is supplied which is ample for most applications but can be extended with a standard telephone extension cord.
- To obtain high-resolution photography of this product, please visit the Photo Library in the KOHLER.com Press Room.
- For interviews on the Toobi faucet, please contact Mirjam Lippuner to set up an interview with a product expert.
Kohler Faucets is a global organization and part of the Kohler Co. Kitchen & Bath Group. With plants in North America, China, Egypt, the United Kingdom and France, it is a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bath faucets, showering products and decorative accessories – marketed globally under the brand names KOHLER, Mira, Jacob Delafon and Rada.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.