Kohler Launches New Colors, Finishes and Speaker Stand for Moxie Showerhead + Wireless Speaker
The first showerhead of its kind to combine the delivery of water and music now adds a splash of color with four new speaker colors and two additional finishes
KOHLER, Wis. – May 17, 2013 – Following the overwhelming success of the launch of the KOHLER Moxie showerhead + wireless speaker, consumers were quick to share their love for the showerhead that made it so easy and affordable to integrate music into the bathroom. Consumers loved it so much, in fact, that early feedback showed they wanted the ability to buy a speaker for everyone in the household.
With this in mind, Kohler designers immediately went to work and had the idea of introducing colors to the collection. At the 2013 International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York City, Kohler will debut its speakers (sold separately) in chartreuse, navy blue, cherry red, and retro blue. Brushed Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze join the White and Polished Chrome finish offering, as well.
· Chartreuse evokes a bright and brazen sense of youthfulness
· Retro Blue is clean and serene; a neutral tone that brings tranquility to the shower
· Navy Blue serves as the color offering's mainstay—a classic option rich in color saturation
· Cherry Red takes inspiration from the product's namesake as a bold, bright tone that instantly adds moxie to a space
"Whether it was a family of four with two teenage daughters or recent college grads sharing a one-bathroom apartment, the question was the same: 'Can I order another speaker?'" says Kohler performance showering product manager Leslie Bronson. While the answer has always been yes, Bronson says the expanded offering doubles as a way for consumers to personalize shower décor and to color-code speakers for each member of the household. "When mom, dad and the kids each have their own, they can leave their Bluetooth*-enabled device paired with their own speaker." Simply power on the wireless magnetic speaker, stream the desired audio and pop it into the showerhead.
Consumers also shared they take advantage of Moxie's mobility and premium sound quality by using it throughout the home—even beyond. A stand, manufactured from the same material and color as the showerhead's spray face, will now be included with purchase. "We wanted the stand's aesthetic to complement the sleek form of the speaker and to hold the speaker in a variety of directions, depending on where you want the sound directed." The Moxie securely nests in the stand straight up, on its side, or a balance in between.
About the KOHLER Moxie Showerhead:
The Moxie showerhead syncs with any Bluetooth-enabled device—smartphones and mp3 players—and streams music directly into the shower. But the fun doesn't stop there; the speaker pod can be removed for enjoyment on the go, throughout the rest of the bathroom and beyond. "Smartphones are transforming the way people access music," Bronson says. "Half of all smartphone users stream music directly from their devices. The Moxie Showerhead takes accessibility to a whole new level. It offers a convenient, stylish sound boost. It's like having your own mobile DJ."
· Installation is fast and simple, the same required for a standard showerhead.
· Sixty angled nozzles provide a full, rich coverage.
· Audio Control is managed through the paired Bluetooth-enabled device
· The on/off button on the speaker includes a light that changes color to indicate when the speaker is paired and when the battery needs to be charged.
· A lithium battery** provides on average seven hours of playtime; recharging the speaker is easy with the USB cord provided.
· Redocking the speaker capsule is simple. A strong magnet located in the dock's base maintains a secure hold.
· List Price (MSRP)
White speaker and stand: $129
Moxie Color speaker and stand (sold separately from showerhead): $149
Moxie showerhead in Polished Chrome, white speaker and stand: $199
Moxie Showerhead in Brushed Nickel or Oil-Rubbed Bronze and white speaker: $258.70
Recommended and Related Materials
· Press Release: Kohler Debuts Moxie Showerhead with Integrated Speaker
· Video: KOHLER Moxie In Color
· Video: KOHLER Moxie Music Video
· Video: How to Install and Sync the KOHLER Moxie Showerhead + Wireless Speaker
About Kohler Co.
Kohler Faucets is a global organization and part of the Kohler Co. Kitchen & Bath Group. With plants in North America, China, Egypt, the United Kingdom and France, it is a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bath faucets, showering products and decorative accessories – marketed globally under the brand names KOHLER, Mira, Jacob Delafon and Rada.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wisconsin, Kohler Co. is one of America's oldest and largest privately held companies comprised of more than 30,000 associates. With more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide, Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products; engines and power systems; premier furniture, cabinetry and tile; and owner/operator of two of the world's finest five-star hospitality and golf resort destinations in Kohler, and St Andrews, Scotland.