Kohler’s Cast Iron Whitehaven Kitchen Sink Features A Classic Apron-Front Look and Easy Installation
Premium KOHLER enameled cast iron material in the true-and-tested farmhouse kitchen sink design now offers an unexpectedly easy upgrade
KOHLER, Wis. – April 26, 2011 – The apron-front design is one of the classic kitchen sink shapes that has stood the test of time and appeals to many homeowners because of the practical large single basin and the attractive appearance. The challenge has usually been installation, which often required replacing not only the countertop, but also cabinetry. With the new KOHLER Whitehaven Self-TrimmingTM apron-front kitchen sink, set-up is but a cinch compared to standard apron-front installations.
The Whitehaven offers two apron options: a conventional 9-inch apron, which requires an apron-front sink base cabinet, and a 7-inch apron, which is ideal for homeowners who like to achieve a farmhouse look without replacing their cabinetry. The sink is still 9 inches deep, but the apron is shortened to fit a standard sink base cabinet.
With its neutral but elegant design, the Whitehaven sink complements any kitchen décor. Made of durable KOHLER enameled cast iron, it will provide a family home with years of carefree use for everyday tasks and family celebrations.
• The self-trimming apron only requires a rough cut to the cabinet for installation. The Whitehaven sink installs perfectly with a predictable fit and finish. No additional trim work or caulking to fill cut lines is necessary.
• The apron's size is optimized to fit cabinet doors of standard-sized apron-front cabinetry.
• Precise sink sizes mean cabinetry can be ordered at the same time as the sink – no need to wait for the sink to build a custom cabinet.
• The basin is 9 inches deep to provide ample space for big pots and pans.
• Both a tall 9-inch, as well as short 7-inch apron for retrofit installation even in existing cabinetry, are available.
• KOHLER enameled cast oron will last for generations of use and is guaranteed not to chip, crack or burn.
• Available in 16 different colors to create a personalized focal point in the kitchen.
• KOHLER cast iron is made from at least 80% recycled materials.
• Enameled cast iron has a smooth, non-porous surface, which makes it very easy to clean.
• 2-degree slope in basin directs water flow toward the drain and prevents pooling.
• Offset drain placement maximizes basin surface and storage space inside the kitchen sink cabinet.
• The apron protrudes slightly and protects the cabinet from water damage.
• MSRP: $990
• KOHLER cast iron sinks installed in North America carry a lifetime limited warranty for as long as the original purchaser owns his or her home. For complete warratny information visit kohler.com.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America's oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.