KOHLER Sensate Touchless Kitchen Faucet Wins Two Top Awards at IBS 2013
KOHLER, Wis. – January 24, 2013 – In an awards presentation at the International Builders' Show in Las Vegas, Nev., the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) honored the new KOHLER® Sensate™ touchless kitchen faucet with not one, but two show awards: Best Kitchen or Bath Product as well as Best in Show.
Judged by a panel of attendees, reporters and building professionals, the Best Kitchen or Bath Product award was given to the Sensate touchless faucet for showing the best combination of design, functionality and innovation.
The Sensate touchless faucet then went on to win the Best in Show award, competing with the winners from the four Best of product categories.
Sensate Touchless Kitchen Faucet
To equip the Sensate faucet with superior touchless functionality, Kohler developed Response™, technology with a state-of-the-art sensor to respond in 20 milliseconds for consistent and reliable on/off operation. But what sets Sensate apart from the rest is its truly touchless and intuitive use—no bare-skin taps or awkward waving necessary. And with an activation area strategically placed on the underside of the spout, use is precise and natural; simply wave your hand, cup, pan or kitchen utensil through the activation area to start or halt waterflow.
When it came to the faucet's design, function drove its form while high-end kitchen utensils and appliances served as inspiration. And since the sensor drastically reduces handle interaction, it serves more as a setting control that is smaller in scale, allowing the user to easily tweak the water temperature and flow when transitioning to new tasks, all while looking natural in all positions. Sensate's signature aesthetic element is the black bonnet—an unexpected touch that adds a subtle detail to its design. A finish-matched bonnet is also available to match the available finishes of Polished Chrome and Vibrant Stainless.
The KOHLER Sensate Touchless Kitchen Faucet features the following:
• Response Technology utilizes a state-of-the-art sensor to respond in 20 milliseconds for consistent and reliable on/off operation
• DockNetik™, a magnetic docking system in the faucet's spout, securely locks the sprayhead into place
• AC power source eliminates the hassle and expense of crawling beneath the sink to replace batteries
• ProMotion® Technology connects the sprayhead hose to the sprayhead with a swivel ball joint, which provides effortless and smooth maneuverability
• Two Function Sprayhead with spray and stream functions help make light work of kitchen tasks
• Optional manual operation offers homeowners choice and flexibility of use, which ensures the faucet works during power outages
• MasterClean Sprayface features flexible nozzles for an easy-to-clean surface that resists mineral buildup and wipes clean with a wet cloth
MSRP: Starting at $675
About Kohler Co.
Kohler Faucets is a global organization and part of the Kohler Co. Kitchen & Bath Group. With plants in North America, China, Egypt, the United Kingdom and France, it is a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bath faucets, showering products and decorative accessories – marketed globally under the brand names KOHLER, Mira, Jacob Delafon and Rada.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wisconsin, Kohler Co. is one of America's oldest and largest privately held companies comprised of more than 30,000 associates. With more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide, Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products; engines and power systems; premier furniture, cabinetry and tile; and owner/operator of two of the world's finest five-star hospitality and golf resort destinations in Kohler, and St Andrews, Scotland.