Kohler Debuts Moxie Showerhead with Integrated Speaker
Bluetooth-enabled KOHLER Moxie brings music into the shower with an integrated wireless speaker that’s both rechargeable and removable
KOHLER, Wis. – November 19, 2012 – Smartphones are everywhere. More than 38 percent of adults —
120 million—in the U.S. own one, and the number continues to climb. Users even admit to taking them everywhere; a recent survey found 75 percent use their phones in the bathroom. To embrace the demand for constant connectivity, Kohler Co. introduces a new sensory experience to showerheads with the KOHLER Moxie showerhead.
"We're seeing a growing demand for music in the bathroom," says Kohler performance showering product manager Leslie Bronson. "The Moxie showerhead is the first of its kind to combine the delivery of water and music. And with the proximity of the Bluetooth*-enabled wireless speaker, bathers are simultaneously showered with music and a best-in-class spray experience."
The Moxie showerhead syncs with any Bluetooth-enabled device—smartphones and mp3 players—and streams music directly into the shower. But the fun doesn't stop there; the speaker pod can be removed for enjoyment on the go, throughout the rest of the bathroom and beyond. "Smartphones are transforming the way people access music," Bronson says. "Half of all smartphone users stream music directly from their devices. The Moxie Showerhead takes accessibility to a whole new level. It offers a convenient, stylish sound boost. It's like having your own mobile DJ."
About the KOHLER Moxie Showerhead
• Installation is fast and simple, the same required for a standard showerhead.
• Sixty angled nozzles provide a full, rich coverage.
• Audio Control is managed through the paired Bluetooth-enabled device, such as a smartphone or mp3 player.
• The on/off button discretely incorporated into the speaker capsule's design also includes a light that changes color to indicate when the speaker is paired and when the battery needs to be charged.
• A lithium battery** provides on average seven hours of playtime; recharging the speaker is easy with the USB cord provided.
• Redocking the speaker capsule is simple. A strong magnet located in the dock's base maintains a secure hold.
• MSRP: $199.00
Recommended and Related Materials
• Product: KOHLER Amplifier Provides Smart and Afforable Home Audio Solution
• Product: KOHLER SoundTiles
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America's oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, cabinetry, tile and home interiors, and international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.
* The BLUETOOTH® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Kohler Co. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
** Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Re-chargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.