Kohler Product Featured in Celebrity Designer’s New Web Series
Former “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” designer Eduardo Xol channels his visit to Kohler, Wisconsin to create a serene weekend escape for a celebrity couple and documents the transformation in an eight-part web series
KOHLER, Wis. – October 23, 2012 – When celebrity couple Jonathan Silverman and Jennifer called on lifestyle expert and designer Eduardo Xol to renovate their 900 square-foot 1960s weekend beachside home in Southern California, Xol knew immediately what he’d use for inspiration: his first visit to Kohler, Wisconsin.
“Jennifer said she needed an in-home sanctuary—a place where this Emmy winner could find instant calm from the hectic pace of her career,” Xol said. “I knew replicating the luxurious and gracious experience I had in Kohler would give her exactly what she needed; it’d bring a feeling of rest, relaxation and balance to everyday life.”
Xol knew there was lots of work to do. The one-bedroom two-bath condo hadn’t been updated in decades—not since before the “Weekend at Bernie’s” star first rented it from his parents when he was 19 and starting his career. “The thing it has going for it is the view,” Silverman says. “The square footage, however, makes it feel tiny. Almost like a New York loft.”
To tackle this project, Xol assembled a team to assist in the execution of his first solo renovation project since leaving “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.” But with the smart renovation lessons this small space offered and the celebrity appeal of the client, Xol knew this wasn’t just a renovation; this was a story worth telling. He created and produced XOLCATION, an eight-part web series that provides an intimate, insider’s glimpse at the renovation process from start to finish, including invaluable information about design conceptualization, planning, and product selection. The series premiers this week and one new webisode will launch each Monday for seven consecutive weeks on EduardoXol.com.
With the renovation nearly complete, Finnigan (starring in David E. Kelly’s “Monday Mornings” series on TNT) and Silverman are eager to settle into what they fondly call their staycation and sanctuary. “When Eduardo shared his inspiration and product list for this project, I was so excited to see it become a reality,” Finnigan says. “I have a Kohler kitchen sink in my home in New Orleans, and I love it. I’m a huge fan and can’t wait to have a home that’s full of all things Kohler.”
XOLCATION Synopsis and Webisode Schedule
- October 22: Webisode 1, “The Inception” introduces Eduardo Xol and his team.
- October 28: Webisode 2, “Jonny and Jen” introduces the client, celebrity couple Jonathan Silverman and Jennifer Finnegan; Eduardo learns the history of their beloved yet dated beach house.
- November 5: Webisode 3, “Before Walk-Thru” features Xol meeting up with the contractors he’ll be working with on the renovation and sharing before images of the home with the rest of his team.
- November 12: Webisode 4, “New Beginnings” captures the start of demolition and Xol’s design inspiration and vision for the project.
- November 19: Webisode 5, “Shopping”, as its name denotes, shows how the concepts on an inspiration board shapes decisions once product selection begins.
- November 26: Webisode 6, “In the Midst of it All” shows Xol’s final review of the sample materials before construction begins.
- December 3: Webisode 7, “Finishing Touches” reveals the completed bathrooms and kitchen as finishing touches of paint, furniture and decor are completed.
- December 10: Webisode 8, “The Final Walk-Through” celebrates the completion of the renovation as Xol walks Silverman and Finnegan through their new beachside retreat.
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.