- Clean stainless steel at least once a week.
- Always apply stainless steel cleaner/polish with a nonabrasive cloth or sponge, working with, not across, the grain.
- Do not use steel wool, wire brushes or abrasive sponge pads. Use only non-scratch cleaning pads.
- Cleaners containing chloride (bleach) are not recommended. If used, rinse the surface immediately to prevent corrosion.
- Most stainless steel products will scratch from everyday use. However, these scratches will blend over time to create a unique finish.
- Do not store open containers of cleaners or chemicals such as acids, bleach, sodium chloride, lye, toilet bowl cleaner, drain cleaner, or hard water stain removal products under your sink.
Cleaning instructions listed pertain only to their corresponding material, and are not intended for faucet cleaning. Faucet cleaning instructions for chrome and vitreous china.
Success with cleaners and procedures is dependent upon such factors as the hardness and temperature of the water, using exact measurements of ingredients, changes in cleaning formulas and the condition of the product being cleaned. Since there are variations within these factors, Kohler cannot guarantee the effectiveness of the formulas mentioned.